Sunday, May 2, 2010

Twisted Arm

Tuesday morning, after I got home from teaching classes, Gracee informed me that she had twisted her arm. She then asked me if I had any suggestions of how she might care for it. (side note ... this is usually what happens when she wants to wear the ace bandage and her ploy to get attention.) Knowing what she was getting at, I then asked her if wrapping her arm in the ace bandage would help.
We wrapped her arm, after which I asked her if this would affect her school work, considering it was her writing hand and arm we had wrapped. A few minutes later she informed me that we had accidentally wrapped the wrong arm.
She came from her room, arm wrapped, and in a homemade paper sling. She had made a sling from paper and ribbon, (and did quite a good job I might add) the night before while she was supposed to be sleeping. Unfortunately the paper was not holding up so great, so she wanted me to quickly sew her a fabric sling. No time for that... she would have to make due. She also knew exactly how I was to "help her" put on her jacket.
I wonder what her teacher thought!
Unfortunately there is no photo evidence.

1 comment:

Bonino Family said...

Oh Gracee! lol! --Katie