Sunday, May 9, 2010

Lots of Pampering this Weekend



This weekend had two significant events. Both, I might add, were focused on me. I am sad to see it all end. However, I think Brandon may feel differently. Gracee and Jamison had all sorts of plans and "lucky" Dad was there to help them out. I had a great weekend!
Friday was my birthday. Although I am another year older, I'm not sure that I can claim to be another year wiser. It is nice to be able to sleep in on your birthday. I know because it actually happened this year. I did not have to teach any classes until 9:00 a.m. and Brandon took the day off. I was surprised with a yummy breakfast in bed. Thankfully this year Brandon was there to help the kids. Don't get me wrong...I love when my kids bring me breakfast in bed on their own, but in the past, breakfasts in bed usually consist of carrot sticks and water, all served in the kid's tea party set (which I might add are not the most sanitary dishes).
Later that day Brandon and I went with some friends to a fitness expo and then our family headed to Red Robin for dinner. We had cake and ice cream and opened presents after that. I was spoiled with some great gifts. Potted plant (from Gracee) Magic Bullet, water bottle, running shorts, and a flirty apron (from Brandon's mom). My favorite present, however, was day with no fighting. If you can believe it, the kids made it through the entire day with no fighting. I never thought it was possible. Thanks kids!!
Today was Mother's Day. Another great day with lots of pampering. Cinnamon rolls for breakfast (although I ate mine for lunch - 9 a.m. church comes early), back rubs, a yummy roast and potato dinner, and of course more presents (square griddle and frying pan). And the best part....I didn't have to do the dishes after dinner.

1 comment:

Bonino Family said...

GOOD! You deserved a fun weekend with pampering. Way to go Brandon--Happy Birthday Janell!